PersonalMilestone

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Welcome!

My husband and I have been married for just over 7 months now and have decided its time to try to have a baby! After thinking for a long time on both of our parts, we've also decided not to tell family and friends about our new adventure. Both of us feel like the pressure is already high to have a baby from people and if we tell future grandparents/aunts/uncles that the pressure will be increased about when we're going to get pregnant.

Well, that's a lie. I told my sister. But, she's my best friend and I also really wanted her to pray for us.

The ladies of www.thebump.com getting pregnant board have been very helpful and entertaining in the beginning of our TTC journey! I do enjoy passing my workday by with them!

My husband's family has a history of having a very low sperm count. His dad and grandfather couldn't have children after the age of 25. DH (please see abbreviations on the right side of this blog) is now 26 almost 27, which is what got us thinking about having kids. We're not necessarily financially ready for kids, but then again...when can you ever be sure that you are?

I have had endometriosis since I was 14. My doctor put me on BCPs then to help and now i'm on my own. For now, I am going to assume that this is not going to cause us problems while TTC, but I do know that down the road it could be a problem. Thus, another reason to chart and get things going. In case you dont know (like DH didnt) : Endometriosis is a disorder of the female reproductive system. In endometriosis, the endometrium, which normally lines your uterus, grows in other places as well. Most often, this growth is on your fallopian tubes, ovaries or the tissue lining your pelvis. When endometrial tissue is located elsewhere in your body, it continues to act as it normally would during a menstrual cycle: It thickens, breaks down and bleeds each month. Because there's nowhere for the blood from this displaced tissue to exit your body, it becomes trapped, and surrounding tissue can become irritated. Trapped blood may lead to cysts, scar tissue and adhesions — abnormal tissue that binds organs together. This process can cause pelvic pain, especially during your period. Endometriosis also can cause fertility problems. (www.mayoclinic.com)

anyways....

I started charting my cycles by taking my BBT, CM and CP this past cycle. By charting, you can see and start to predict when Ovulation will occur and if/when AF will be there. The links to my chart on FertilityFriend.com are above the abbreviations.

I have to admit, i was pretty bummed out yesterday when AF came, but at least i know that even after 11 years on BCP, i am ovulating! Sometimes it takes women months even years to ovulate...so i guess my body is ready to jump back into O-ing!

Well, I suppose that I should get back to work. I will be updating again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment