PersonalMilestone

Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson....

MJ has nothing to do with TTC...but...

Though I was not a huge fan by any means, I don't think that there is anyone that can say they absolutely hated Michael Jackson...I have countless of his songs on my iPod from his time in the Jackson Five up until his most recent stuff. So, while I'm no die hard fan...MJ was an amazing performer. The singing and oooh lordy, the dancing!

I have been reading things online and of course watching the events unfold on TV and everyone keeps saying "You Will remember where you were at the moment MJ died, just like your parents remembered exactly what they were doing when Elvis died and your kids will ask you where you were." I never asked my parents where they were when elvis died..but whatev...

So future children/grandchildren...this is what Mommy and Daddy/Grandpa and Grandpa were doing when we found out that Michael Jackson passed away:
We had just gotten home from work, we rode together since we worked only 2 blocks away from each other. Traffic was crappy but for some reason we didn't have the radio on and weren't playing on our blackberries (mom/grandma will show you pictures of this old phone that hardly did anything compared to what you have today!) we were simply talking and laughing. We stopped at a gas station to get a soda and went on our way home. June 25, 2009 was a very hot day. Even though we had our air conditioning on, we were still very hot in our apartment. I was in the middle of changing out of my work clothes and putting on shorts when I heard a headline on the news about MJ being in the hospital. So, before i put pants back on I ran upstairs to check the Internet to see what I could find out. Facebook (I can also show you guys what this is...pretty much how us old people kept in contact with each other since we couldn't teleport) was blowing up with every one's status updates talking about MJ in a coma, being dead, having his heart attack, it being a hoax....everything you could think of! Dad/Grandpa was letting Duke and Pita outside to go potty since we had just gotten home from work and when he came back inside I yelled down the stairs to tell him. He didn't really care. Probably because back in the day he thought he was pretty gangster and MJ was so not. So, kids/grand kids that's where I was when I found out that Michael Jackson died...in the upstairs of our little apartment in Indianapolis, sitting in my underwear....You can now go to school and tell your class where I was when I found out Michael Jackson died. Oh...and kids, Farrah faucett died on the same day. But i don't know much about her...just thought you should know that another famous person passed away on the same day.

PYT is the ring tone on my phone when Brian calls....has been for a while, now all of a sudden i feel like it belongs there....hm....

1 comment:

  1. MJ doesn't have anything to do with TTC, but it was still a fun read!

    Hi, I'm Barbara from Fairhaven Health. We manufacture natural, doctor-designed products to help couples conceive. We offer supplements, teas, diagnostic tools, etc. including products such as FertilAid for Women and Men.

    I've been reading your blog and you've got some great content! If there's interest on your part, we'd be happy to send you product samples for you to review or to use as giveaways. Just fyi, we're by no means a large pharmaceutical company and are committed to helping women conceive safely and naturally.

    I can be reached via Barbara@FairhavenHealth.com.

    ReplyDelete